It doesn’t take much to bring a smile.
This image sure does bring a smile to your face.
I came across it in my phone’s photo library. Don’t know if someone sent it to me or if I found it myself. But it immediately made me smile. So, I in turn sent it to two people. And both wrote back right away. One said it was just what she needed. And the other said she had been thinking about me at the same time so she found the timing just perfect.
No effort needed.
After hearing from both these ladies, I began thinking about how something so simple brightened their day. There was no cost involved. Very little effort on my part. But huge payoffs all around. They smiled. And that made me smile.
Let’s spread a little sunshine.
Knowing how easy it is to spread a little sunshine, let’s think about doing it more often. Here are just a few thoughts on how we can bless others.
- The minute someone comes to mind, be proactive. For me that typically means using Siri to set a reminder for a time when I can actually do something or make a plan.
- Don’t let anything get in the way. A quick “I’m thinking of you” text or note means as much to a recipient as a gift delivered to the front door.
- Baked goods hand-delivered or mailed are always appreciated.
- Pray for that person. Right then. Later, let them know. Praying for others is always so appreciated.
- Do something tangible. Be specific. Offer to bring a meal, “babysit” a child or their elderly parents while they go out. Offer to clean the bathrooms or do some laundry.
- Drop off a plant or a single flower.
- Send a card. It’s rather old-fashioned but who doesn’t like getting fun mail rather than just bills in their mailbox!
The ways to bring a smile are endless. But don’t put it off. Find someone to bless today.
What are your thoughts? How do you bring a smile to someone?