- Weekends and holidays no longer hold the same significance. After all, I’m always experiencing a “day off.”
- I still write a to-do list. Without one, I’d surely accomplish NOTHING.
- Irony: my Labor Day to-do list is longer than any other one I’ve made. Shouldn’t I be resting on Labor Day instead of actually laboring?
- If I don’t get something done today there’s always tomorrow…and the day after that…and the day after that!
- I need more friends who are retired and have flexible schedules.
- My husband needs more friends, too.
- I love my husband of nearly 41 years and he loves me, but too much togetherness at times becomes…well, too much.
- I need a hobby or two or three.
- I like sleeping in or at least staying in bed until 8am but then I feel guilty.
- I need to stop feeling guilty.
- I’ve had more medical issues in the past five months than in the past five years. What’s up with that?
- I love having more time to visit family and friends.
- I love that our flexibility enabled us to get great prices on a recent trip to Ohio.
- I look forward to that same flexibility helping us get a last minute deal on a fall cruise with our dear friends.
- I like retirement and don’t miss going into the office at all.
- I love my husband even more that he convinced me that it was okay to retire a year earlier than we originally planned.
Would love to know your own observations on your actual or upcoming retirement.